Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What's going on Britney??

The big rumor this morning is that Britney Spears and Kevin "Yo, I married Britney Spears" Federline are expecting a buddle of joy. They married 7 months ago in my dream wedding scenerio...the sudden Las Vegas wedding. Oooh, how awesome would it have been if Charles and Camilla had made their match that way???? Damn missed opportunity.

Anyway the reason that it's being reported that she (Britney, not Camilla) is in the family way is because she's been steadily gaining weight over the past few months, and reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" Hey I read that book too, but just to scare the shit out of my parents when I was 16. My favorite quote about this story is from Mr. Spears: He says what he really enjoys about her pregnancy is chugging beers and telling Brit 'You can't have one!'"

Oh why can't *I* find a prince like this!!??

First of all, if she really is expecting...awesome. Good for her. Nothing wrong with a young married woman and her husband creating life together. So she's gaining weight...oh my GOD please never let me get uber famous because every other day will be a "She's lost weight...she must have an eating disorder...no wait, she's gaining weight...she must be pregnant...wait...who is Gayle Crispin???" Ridiculous. Why is this news?? Why isn't it news that thousands of people each day are getting murdered in Darfour in the Sudan? Or that there are so many environmental problems assaulting our planet I'm not even sure if there will still be an ozone layer left by the time you finish reading this?

Sure it seems a little sudden...if/when I get married I'd like to wait a little while before I add kids to the mix. I'd want some husband time before I become a mommy. Eeks. Scary. But that's just me. I guess if I had a bajillion dollars and married some guy who was excited that he could pound beers and I couldn't, I'd try to get knocked up too.

So good for you Britney...just don't expect me to make a cute cross stitch sampler for you.

3 comments:

CT said...

oops she did it again.....

Carolyn said...

It's been confirmed. I love it!

pamD said...

Don't forget the requisite nanny to take a load off mommy and give her some time w/ daddy. I'd be there now if I could afford one of those (or even if I could just quit my job)!