Thursday, April 21, 2005

Today on Oprah

Hey folks, if you can, check out Oprah today. The "mystery" woman is someone I've been working with on my writing projects. An amazing story.

Very sad...I finally made an appointment to go in and meet with a temp company. I just need to be realistic about money. And I thought temping would be the right way for me to go - give me flexibility but also a means to support myself beyond the random writing gigs I've managed to get lately. It will SUCK to give up this freedom and joy I have found in writing and working for myself, but at least now I will have much more entertaining blogs and be able to be able to bitch about my coworkers. Sort of hard to bitch about the people you work with when you work alone and you see your boss every time you look in the mirror.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Dude - no shame, no shame. We all gotta eat! Take the temp job for a month and then go on unemployment!

pamD said...

My advice from temping: just say no to data entry on a laptop. And enjoy the low expectations from employers!