I can’t even begin to describe to you how hard it is for me to not call up Jet Blue right this second and say “Hi, is there still snow on the ground in NY right now? Yeah? Oh. Okay, in that case, you know that return ticket you guys have for me to fly back to NY tomorrow? Can you just delete it? I’m not gonna need it any time soon.” I just LOVE sunshine, warm weather, good looking Latin men and free places to stay on the beach. Essentially I’m not gonna get any happier than this. And now I’m packing?? What’s wrong with me??
Yesterday was February 6. Super Bowl Sunday. (Go Patriots!) Normally I would have been sitting indoors, shivering and watching football. You wanna know what I did this year? I sat outside eating plantains and drinking a piña colada. In the 80 degree weather. Are you kidding me? And now I have to leave? UHH this SUCKS. What is WRONG with me that I’m not looking into staying longer?
Here’s what I’m worried about – I’m convinced that if I stay, none of you will ever speak to me again. There was such an uproar of “I HATE YOU!” when I first told you that I was here, what am I gonna get when you read “well folks, I decided to stay an extra week!” I can only imagine. And I haven’t even told you about my OTHER trip at the end of the month when I go to Vegas for a week. Don’t blame me, blame Jet Blue!!
Don’t get me wrong. I am having the time of my life. Saturday I went with my friend to see El Yunque, the only tropical rainforest in the United States. Nothing quite as amazing as walking through a jungle, hearing birds and frogs that only exist on this planet HERE; the sun, the rain. Really, really amazing. Then yesterday we went to church and then spent the afternoon walking around Old San Juan. It’s just such an amazing place to be – and did I mention the beaches!?
The problem is that I’m not sure I’m productive here. I’m pleased with my progress writing wise, but I feel like I could do more. So here’s the test – if I feel that today is the most amazingly productive day I’ve had, that I’ve hit my writing groove and nothing can slow down my stride then maybe I’ll tack on a few more days (weeks) to this adventure. Because frankly, you people can’t hate me any more than you already do now right?
So stay tuned to find out which voice in my head I finally listen to. The “You have to go home” voice? Or the “Oh will you shut up, will you look at that beach out there? You think that’s gonna be back in Queens??? God, you make me sick! Now finish up the damn blog and put on the sunblock. I think the hot next door neighbor is by the pool again.”
No comments:
Post a Comment