Tuesday, March 15, 2005

And I should care why?

The big news this weekend was that Mario Vazquez, one of the crowd favorites on American Idol, decided to withdraw from the competion and leave the show. He would only cite "personal reasons" and since he won't say specifically why he's leaving, that has opened up the doors for everyone in the world to guess why.

My response to this is Who cares!!!!?? Isn't this America? Aren't we allowed to leave our jobs for no good reason? It isn't easy to be a performer and constantly be in the public eye and have no private life to speak of. Whether he left to take care of his ill mother, or because he's actually gay as a picnic basket and is afraid of people finding out, does it really matter? Sure it's a shame - he is a great singer and seemed like a nice kid, but at the end of the day, it's his business.

And the bugger of it all is that even after all the dust has settled, he's going to manage to get an agent and a record deal without going through the rigors of the show. God Bless America!!


** As a follow up to yesterday: I did get my apartment cleaned in time for the acting guys to get here, and one of them DID notice that I'd cleaned. Since he'd never seen my apartment before I'm not sure how he noticed that I had infact cleaned, but I'm not surprised. This is the same guy who said my hair didn't suit my face.

*** Please keep your fingers crossed - I just submitted a short play for consideration in a theater festival this summer. If it's picked, it will be performed on stage!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yo, Crispin - I'm not sure I can handle all this change over here at Funny Things. I mean, first it was all Baroque up in here, then it was all Retro-Pop, and now it's all Back-to-Nature up in this piece? I have to say, the sage, olive and evergreen are a little less gangsta than I'd hope for, but I like it. Just don't keep changing on me - I can't handle it! New posts and new colors? With the morning sickness, that's too much for me.