Friday, March 20, 2009

So much to do, so little time...

Hello dear reader(s)... what a hectic few months it's been! Since my last post,
  • I found a local jeweler who will try to resize my ring (we're not sure it's possible, but we had to try since the thing nearly falls off my hand now!!)
  • I had my first hair & make up trial (with a couple more pending.)
  • I handmade my invitations (with the help of a very crafty Aunt!)
  • We set up most of our registry (no thanks to Bloomingdales)
  • I freaked out that there is now 203 days until the wedding

When you get engaged and don't plan on getting married for another 2 years, it seems like you have boat loads of time. And if you're organized, it's very manageable. Until you hit the almost 6 month mark and are like me and go AGGGH!

But it's a good Agggh! There's lots more to do (when does the 'gift getting' portion of the nuptials start??) but I feel good about the pace I've been going....a little bit each week means I'm not sitting here in October in abject terror.

Tomorrow we're having our engagement shoot with our fantastic photographer Heather Fowler. I stalk her blog on a weekly basis so finally working with her is pretty exciting. We'll start at our apartment to get some shots with the cats - if that is they permit it. Then it's off to Adam's uncle & aunt's house to pose with his classic car collection. Does 2 cars count as a collection? I'm not sure, but I am sure it's gonna be cool. I'm just hoping for nice (warm, dear God let it be warm) weather.

So thanks for sticking with me friends, I promise this place is gonna get a lot busier, starting NOW!

ps. It's "our" engagement shoot tomorrow, but yet somehow "I'M" the one who is staying home to clean the apartment. Whatever dude, I'm broke anyway.

No comments: