Friday, June 10, 2005

Is there such a thing as too much cleavage?

How's that for an opening sentence? And how do you like this...two postings in two days. How do you like THAT??

Another fun acting class story for you. We're now doing some pretty advanced work - big emotional things where you have to prepare your emotions for the scene as well as memorize dialogue. Well, my scene is for a brother and sister who are arguing about the care fo their elderly father. The sister (that's me) is supposed to be the older, stronger person in the scene. And it just hadn't been working for me. I was being to soft and demure. Well you know me in a confrontation, in real life, Gayle Crispin isn't exactly the kind of person to grab you by the sweater and slam you against a wall (sorry about that Jimmy.) But the character IS, so I had to make some adjustments.

After rehearing for nearly 4 hours on Wednesday with my partner (thanks Jimmy!) I reevaluated my emotional background and preparation so I could make the sister more real and powerful and more "don't @*#$ with me". So I walk into class with some kick ass heels, a skirt, and a fabulous cleavage revealing shirt. I figured if I came in looking "HOT DAMN!" then I'd feel that way and be able to convey that in the scene. But my attempt at HOT DAMN resulted in me revealing cleavage. A lot of cleavage. (It's 98 degrees outside, I'm showing skin, people.) Aparently my attempt actually was going a bit too far according to my acting coach. She made me pin up my shirt so the girls weren't sooo obvious. It is a brother and sister scene afterall and I understand it, but i was just amused. I mean, this is the same class where I took my UNDERWEAR off. So you'd think a little cleavage would not cause a riot.

But apparently that Victoria Secret Miracle Bra has powers I'm not aware of. Now, how come this works for me in acting class, but the second I try it out at a club I get asked if I'm British or married? Stay tuned for that story folks, it's a good one too. And involves my friend getting the phone number of my hot Scottish friend programmed into her phone.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Crispin - tell them you are British and that your name is Bangers Pudding - you're what's for dinner and dessrt.

CT said...

Hello I'm with the release the twins foundation, and we think you should have RELEASED THOSE TWINS!!!!

LOL JK
Good Times