Here's a conversation starter for ya - Where do you stand on wedding planners? I mean full time paid "I can't believe this is your job" kind of person that would handle all the details of your weddding. If you're planning your own wedding then there is no way the thought of hiring someone has absolutely crossed your mind. And anyone who tells you they haven't thought about a wedding planner has absolutely thought about eloping.
I hit that moment today when I found out I was going to be assisting a new member of my division at work. Bringing up to 9 people who are asking for my help. Which may sound like a lot but keep in mind I used to work for a company where 120 people could ask me for help, so this isn't so bad. But it is a little overwhelming nonetheless, and I am going to have to work harder at balancing it all.
Don't worry though, I will not be hiring a planner (honestly, I would if I could afford it) and I will not elope (again, I could be talked into it, but again, that's not an option....so quit asking about it dad.... :) I'm just saying that the wedding itself is a full time job. But I already have a full time job. And I definetely do not want to complain about either because I know it is through the grace of God that I have both.
It just would be nice to think that all these details are someone else's responsibility. But they're mine. And who knows, maybe experiencing this all myself is helping me prepare for the day when someone needs a planner, and remembers how well I coordinated mine.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment