Thursday, June 29, 2006

Start renting kayaks

I did not start blogging to comment on the weather, but this rain is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! Flooding all up and down the east coast. DC is a veritable marshland now. People in PA are packing up their stuff and running away from what could be another levee related disaster.

I have two words for you: Climate. Change. This is a nice way of saying "What other proof do we need that global warming is real?" I don't know what it's going to take for us as a nation to stand up and say "okay we have to do something". Does DC have to get TOTALLY submerged in water for the government to go to action? Or are we going to continue to ignore the signs or say "oh this is normal".

It's not normal.

I'm not trying to be some tree hugging liberal here, reading any little change in the weather as a catastrophic sign of the down fall of the planet, but I am trying to be realistic. I still have a lot more years on this planet hopefully, and I'd like it to be around for a little while longer so me and my future children have a place to hang out you know??

In the mean time, I'm renting a kayak. Just in case.

1 comment:

CT said...

I saw a pic of that freeway that colapsed... crazy!!