Sunday, June 14, 2009

#118 - Let the fun begin again and again and again

Blog number 118, which in "wedding" speak for me means we're down to 118 until the big day. We're officially under the four month mark and I just can't believe it!

What I really can't believe is how happy I am to be back blogging/writing/creating. I attended a 3 day writing conference in Philadelphia this weekend and was totally inspired. Well, except for the session on online writing where the room was filled with a majority of people who didn't know what a pop up window was and needed to be told what the term hyperlink meant before we could continue the conversation.

As you can imagine, the concept of Twitter about blew their minds.

And yes, as you might also imagine, I am also considering joining the Tweet myself.

What else? In addition to committing to maintaining this blog more than every 49 days, I am re-writing my scripts, starting some new comedic essay projects and oh yeah, toying with the ideas of children's books.

I actually skipped out on most of the afternoon sessions since I didn't think I needed to sit througth another 2 hours of hearing about how I should be sitting at home writing. I don't need a class to know that the best use of my time is to be right here with you.

So I'm back friends - I'll update you on my other writing projects, my life, and oh yeah, the wedding.

1 comment:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Hi Gayle,

There is a new on line networking group for female writers you might enjoy.

www.shewrites.com

Check it out!