Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally, you can see what I'm thinking

I discovered a totally cool website tool that is going to make my blogging way cool and will help you "see" what's in my head when it comes to the wedding. The site is called Polyvore and it's like an online picture clipping system. You go to websites and when you like a picture, it copies it into your Polyvore account. From there you can make all sorts of collections - I'll be using my account to finally capture all the great attire, reception decoration and floral ideas I find on the many websites I come across each day. I'll also be able to join the cool kids and share my "inspriration boards" so I can visually see if all the different elements of the wedding will come together as a coehsive set.




For example, Here's what I came up with for 2 different Escort Card ideas.




The first idea is to print each guest's name and table name on velum paper and wrap it around a votive calendar. This way the escort "cards" will add to the light of the table, and the room. (I want LOTS of candle light at the tables.) If we don't go that route (who wants to help me prepare 80 different votive candles?) then I'll go with my original idea of having a "wine" theme at the reception and using corks as card holders. Well, you get the idea. Stay tuned for future collections! The fun has just begun!






No comments: