Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun idea of the week


I'm starting to get really excited about all the fun details about the wedding. I know, it's still 18 months away, but there's still a lot of work to do. Besides, you know me, I LOVE this stuff.

So the cool thing I found today is an artist in Hawaii who makes clay blooms that she then assembles into bouquets, cake toppers, etc. Her name is Diane and the company is DK Designs and you absolutely must check them out if you're a bride to be. http://www.dkdesignshawaii.com/bouquets.html

You name it, she can probably make it. The beauty of these "bouquets" is, unlike real flowers, they will last. "Flowers" in your hair won't wilt or get crushed underneath your veil. Bouquets can be given to your bridesmaids as gifts. Moms can keep their corsages for years to come. Granted this probably isn't condusive to the traditional bouquet toss so you'll have to spring for a stunt bouquet, but this is a pretty cool idea. Plus it's environmental! No destruction of beautiful plantlife just for a few hours of fun! Anyway the jury is still on the pricing of these beauties - what will be more budget friendly, "real" or "no one knows they are not real"? Only time will tell. But in the meantime isn't it crazy to think that not ONE of these bouquets are real flowers? I love it.

No comments: