Friday, August 26, 2005

And I'm getting paid for this



During the day I work as an assistant office manager at a non-profit environmental company. Most days it's pretty normal...dealing with office problems, special projects, etc. But TODAY there is a movie scene being filmed...starring Amanda Peet as a highly paid environmental attorney who quits her job to raise a family. What's hilarious to me is that there are very few people who actually can be classified as "highly paid" at this organization, certainly not me and certainly not the hardworking attorneys. Of course if we looked like Amanda Peet I guess we'd make lots of money too.

Anyway it's all pretty boring so far...if you've ever been on a film set you know it's lots of hurry up and wait. And all this work for a one minute scene! But hopefully I'll have some fun stories for you next week. Like how I snuck a Pez dispenser on to the set, and how my writing partner Shevy was actually an extra during filming this morning. Great, my friend and my candy make it in the movie, but not me.

3 comments:

CT said...

that's awsome now I will be looking for a pez despencer the whole movie... LOL

Anonymous said...

More importantly...which PEZ Dispenser made it into the movies?
Inquiring PezHeads want to know

Gayle C said...

Hello Michael in Tacoma!!! It's a bright yellow bee/alien looking Pez. We're not sure if it actually made it into the shot. But my desk plant definitely did...I'll let you all know when the movie comes out!!