
Last week the Pope came to America to meet with the UN, pray with victims, and kiss babies. Okay, so he did a lot more than that. And as one of the people at Yankee Stadium for his final mass, I can tell you it was amazing to see this wise old man in person. It had a profound affect on me, and it's something Adam and I are really looking forward to telling our children about some day.
What makes this particular photo so incredible in a six degrees of separation kind of way is I know the kid's mother!! That's right, the blonde haired woman in the upper right hand corner looking on as the Pope kisses her baby is my former trainer at the gym - Amy! And the kid getting the ultimate blessing is her daughter Ashley. When I saw this picture I just about screamed. Talk about story to tell your grandkids.
How does all this Pope stuff relate to my wedding? Well, other than the fact that Adam actually sent an invitation to the Vatican inviting the Pope to celebrate our wedding next year (imagine the the look on that baby's face when I tell her "well, you got kissed, but he did my wedding bitch!" Then imagine the look on my face when I realise I just called a 5 month old a bitch.) But I digress, the point of all this rambling is that the Pope will not be at our wedding mass (so all you non Catholics, and all you Catholics, can take a sigh of relief. Because while he may not be there, he did send a formal blessing to me and Adam. It's pretty cool to know that with all the war, famine, and disease in the world, this leader of my faith still has time to give his blessings to married couples.
And time to kiss babies of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment